Friday, January 18, 2013

Significance

It's the middle of January. I'm sitting at home all day with a stupid sinus infection hoping to feel normal soon. I haven't had one of these infections in 5 or 6 years. I guess a God has to make me rest somehow. LOL!

I've been reading and studying a lot lately. God has been showing me so many things about Him, His promises and Word and a lot about me. God has really blessed us recently and the enemy has done his best to try and take these blessings from us.  I am so sick and tired of this slew-footed weasel messing with me and my family.  I'm 55 years old. Saggy, wrinkly, Oompa Loompa looking and tired.  I've been seeking God's help and wisdom more than ever.  

I've been speaking with so many people that are so desperate for some love and attention it's ridiculous.  God has literally brought me to the front lines to see more people face to face and I am totally overwhelmed with emotion. Every day almost 600+ people pass through the doors of my place of employment and I get to have personal, close contact with at least 50 to 70 people on a daily basis.  Since it seems as though church politics is trying to keep me from reaching the people God desires me to and to try to keep me from my destiny He has opened doors I could have never imagined.  The first 20+ years of my Christian walk were spent in massive outreach of lost souls. Street preaching, singing in bands, plays, new convert dinners, home bible studies, anything to reach the broken hearted.  The only thing I was not allowed to do was preach from a pulpit or lead because I am a woman. 

In the past 10+ years I have done my best to do what God has called me to do and the religious church folk don't like the way I think or act.  My unconventional ways to reach people and my worship seem to make some leaders in the church uncomfortable.  God has work for me to do so He has allowed me to use these unconventional ways to reach even more people I could have ever imagined.  Back to ole slew foot.  The attacks from the enemy have been a lot less subtle and more blatant. This has forced me to study more and pray more and pray more differently.  

So what is a person to do?  I don't have many people to share things with.  I don't trust many   people with the issues of my heart so I end up holding a lot of things inside and I get myself frustrated.  Talk to someone in leadership?  They're too busy and I feel they wouldn't understand. It's been like that my whole Christian walk.  

I have to hold onto the words and promises that God has declared over my life and my family's life.   I'm hoping to be back and write more often.  I'm here and proud and not ashamed to be called a Child of the King. I belong to Jesus. I'm opinionated and I can be a bit off-color in speech and behavior.  I am not ashamed to praise God LOUDLY and worship Him differently.  I am not afraid to state the truth in love and embrace the Word of God as the true gospel.  I will not apologize when I speak about the Blood of Jesus or His crucifixion and His risen body. I will not apologize for my stance against  abortion, gay marriage, adultery, fornication or sin, in general. Its the SIN i abhor. Not the person. I have my own issues to deal with and heart/life to keep in check.  I'm here to love and help others. Not degrade them.  Yet the church is the only army I know that kill their wounded and torture the hurting. There is a spirit loosed in our churches and many people, including leadership, are blind to it.  It's big, subtle, manipulative, nasty and cunning and it wants God's people to fail. It wants us destroyed.

If I don't please man, so be it. I'm here to please God.  I'm tired, weary and refuse to deal with the religious crap that's floating around our churches.  We must humble ourselves before a mighty and holy God.  Surrender our flesh to Him and be real with Him.  He knows when we're faking. He's not stupid. He's all-knowing and all-seeing.  He will not be mocked. God will always use the remnant for His Glory. The ones who are always misunderstood and overlooked.  I don't need to wear D&G or Valentino to prove I'm important and blessed.  When God blesses us financially again it is to help others and further the work of God's business. 

It's time to rest.  I need to continue to rest and recover.  Good night to all.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment